5 Common Questions About Funding Options

5 Common Questions About Funding Options

Have you been injured and need legal help? Read these 5 common questions about funding options, then give us a call for a free consultation.

1) What types of cases are funded?

5 Common Questions About Funding OptionsResidents of an apartment complex had been complaining to the management company about the condition of the staircase that leads to and from their apartments. Apparently, the staircase was very old and rickety and in disrepair. The management company sent their maintenance guy out a couple times but never really replaced or fixed the staircase. Our client, one day, was walking down the stairs, put her foot through one of the boards, takes a fall the rest of the way down the stairs, and broke her leg. She needed a surgery with a rod inserted and wouldn’t be able to work for months. She wanted to know if we fund that type of case. Yes. Premises liability cases are one of the types of cases we fund. Aside from that, we also fund motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and a slew of other types of cases.

2) How much is my personal injury claim worth?

Unfortunately, we are not the attorney on the case, so we will not be able to provide such information. We evaluate the claim, and then make our decision as to whether it’s possible to fund or not.

3) Does my case need to be in suit to qualify for an advance?

We got a call from a construction worker who fell off of scaffolding while working on a building. He was seriously injured and had not worked for months. He was facing a surgical procedure and was wondering how could support his family. He wanted to know if his attorney had not yet filed suit, if he could apply for a lawsuit cash advance. The simple answer is yes. The attorney does not have to have filed suit for you to get an advance on your claim.

4) Can my minor child get a lawsuit cash advance?

Someone whose daughter was sitting in the back seat of a car that got T-boned called us and wanted to know if they could get a lawsuit cash advance on the daughter’s behalf. Unfortunately, minors are not able to enter into this type of financing, so we would not be able to help with an advance. However, if the parent has a claim, we can review the parent’s claim and see if we can help them with funding.

5) Can I get funding for an out of state injury?

Cruise ships are known for their big buffets and sometimes those crew members don’t clean up messes in front of the buffet line creating slippery surfaces. They’re responsible for the safety of the passengers of the ship. We had a call from a lady in California, who was visiting and went on a four-day cruise out of Miami, who slipped and fell on a wet surface in front of a buffet table that was caused by the water from the buffet line. She seriously injured her knee and needed total knee reconstruction because of it. She wanted to know if she could get personal financing on her case from out of state. The answer is yes. Even though you live out of state, if your case is here in the state of Florida, we can definitely fund you.

Are you or a loved one involved in a personal injury lawsuit and have questions? After reading these 5 common questions about funding options, contact us for a free consultation or apply for litigation funding online.

Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel